Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beer Frog

I have two more burgers to add to my list from Station 2 and Legend Brewing Co. Last Thursday, I met my friend Tricia at Station 2. The bike still wasn't ready and it was raining so I drove. Sorry. Station 2 is an old fire station that's been converted into a restaurant. They have lots of different burgers on the menu and beers on draft to go with them! They were one of the restaurants participating in RVA Burger Week, so I decided to try the burger they had selected for it. It was called the "Chow Bella" and here's how they describe it: "roasted sweet peppers, bacon, mozzarella, Manakintowne (VA) arugula, onion, & garlic aioli."


I thought this was a good choice because it seemed healthier than the bacon burger I'd eaten the night before. Tricia got the "Beerfest," which I think might have been the better decision. Sometimes with burgers I think it's important to realize you're already forgoing healthy, so you might as well just smother it in beer cheese. Lesson learned. With that said, the "Chow Bella" was really good. The times I could manage to get all the ingredients in one bite were amazing. I wish there had been more of the peppers and aioli, because those were the flavors that really made this burger. Next time I'd ask for some aioli on the side. Who am I kidding - next time I'm getting the "Beerfest." Another interesting fact about this restaurant is that they have lots of art for sale on the walls. This seems to be pretty common in Richmond, which makes sense with VCU Art students everywhere! There were a couple of pictures of tree frogs on the wall, which didn't seem so strange until you really looked and saw that it was a tree frog sitting on a PBR logo. Tricia and I decided that if it was for sale for $35 or less, it would be totally worth it. We forgot to ask.

 Almost better than the PBR Frog, is the picture on the right of a giant black blob eating stick people.

Finally, on Saturday Cory and I went to Legend Brewing Co. for my final stop during RVA Burger week. They were offering an "Avacado Black Bean Burger." Now this is only the third burger I've had this summer, but so far it was the best. And part of me feels badly saying that since it didn't even have any meat, but as I've said before, I don't discriminate when it comes to burgers. And thank goodness, because this burger was amazing. It had great black bean flavor, a little bit spicy, really hearty. Yum. My cousins taught me a recipe for black bean soup, and if you know me you've probably eaten it because I make it ALL the time. This burger was like that black bean soup in burger form.


I realize that the pictures from these two places are awful. I'll try to do better next time. Which is actually in about 45 minutes with my friend Sandy at Carytown Burgers and Fries. Plus, the bike is ready to go, so this will be the first actual burger biker experience. I'll probably be really sweaty. You're welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment